Where's your kick??
Alright, now I am REALLY going out on a limb, exposed here. But I simply can't keep it in - this burning passion in my heart. Periodically I'm sure to insert lyrical references so just a heads up in case you want to be listening to those as you read or afterward for increased clarity to my Ultimate inspiration here. Though I don't have anything rehearsed or planned for this entry, I'm just sharing my heart (my treasure) as it's being transformed and refined..."bearing the gift of a new heart", if you will. "Can I tell you a story?" (Flyleaf)
Though I can ultimately only speak for myself and can't claim anyone else's life circumstance, I do pray you (whoever you are) can identify with me in one way or another, perhaps on one point or more if not the message as a whole. Any inclusive reference isn't intended to project my heart onto anyone else's - we are all simply His children, so I ask for you to "take heart" with me. For this is written with the fiercest of love....
So as I'm experiencing God one day at a time, I'm understanding His heart more and more just as I come to know the strength of my own through His eyes. It's probably no surprise to most people when I talk about how the love of God is all sweet, gentle and redemptive for my soul...unconditional and loving, etc. This we all know and shouldn't take for granted for it is true day by day if we allow. But let's get real people. Who on earth do we think God IS? I mean literally He IS Jesus in terms of "on earth" when He came. But THINK about that. Jesus [God] is a man. Though women are made in His image just as well, I fear we (both women and men alike) underestimate the masculinity of God. Hello!! He doesn't just want to cradle our hearts and sing nice things to us as our Father, He wants to be its (our) unbreakable strength within and "all around me [us]"! (Flyleaf)
When it comes to God and matters of the heart, just what do you think it is that God wants to do? Romance it and make you feel good without leaving an impression of Rock solid strength and utter capability? As a woman, when I think of what's desired out of a man I think of strength, dependability, and reliability among many other similar things. If I (even as a woman) am made in His image as well, is it not accurate to say those traits are also within me through the love of Christ? Furthermore, because it's through the love of Christ and not just of my own doing, those traits don't need to come with a feeling of pressure. I only need learn to rely on their source, in short, is all. Now at this point you're probably thinking (or maybe not), "oh ok great thinking, Amy." Well, it is dang it - more than just logical. Because my understanding is not my own. Because it's what God is reminding me of during my own spiritual warfare. Yes, I said it. I am enduring a spiritual warfare. Which leads me to what's next....
Today I was on my usual run around the block. It's been great to just spend a few miles listening to God though lyric and music as well as in my thoughts. So in the process, He got me thinking about that movie 300 and a specific scene which He used to parallel my role in this "fight" for my heart. (After all, what else is a spiritual warfare really?) Ok so TRY to stick with me through all that follows.
Picture it with me: King Leonidas (played by Gerard Butler) and a messenger of Xerxes standing before him. Leonidas basically taking in threats and insults just laid out on behalf of the messenger's source, mentally weighing his options on how to respond. For those of you who know exactly which 3-4 minutes of the movie to which I am referring understand the build up to the ultimate blow which sends said messenger plummeting down a big hole and the fight breaks out and it's pretty much awesome. But do your best to play the scene all the way up to the point where King Leonidas exclaims "This is Sparta!" and then mentally consider how it would be MINUS the infamous "kick" to the messenger and all that follows. It actually made me laugh. (Here I am running down the sidewalk, essentially in conversation with God, giggling at this thought. It's truly laughable!) Because the whole "build up" immediately loses its character and its emphasis to the point it had to make. If it were to ACTUALLY play out that way (ya know, minus the kick) then Xerxes' messenger, and by extension Xerxes himself; would never take King Leonidas and ALL he stands for seriously. I imagine after Leonidas screams "This is Sparta!" the messenger would react with a blank stare, vacant expression and respond, "well you didn't have to yell", and return to his source. (Who, of course, would have brought his wrath upon Leonidas regardless...)
NOW, let's consider this again: YOU (King Leonidas), strong/capable are in "conversation" with the cunning messenger before you, who is none other than one sent by the Enemy (Xerxes) who ultimately seeks to destroy you (your heart) and all you stand for (God). You and said messenger have your little "heart to heart" and now the scene has built up to that moment where your best option to respond is apparent. So REALLY consider yourself here... Imagine what will happen if all you did to the messenger was "scream". What happens next? Well, if the movie's scene played out THAT way I figure King Leonidas would have threatened the messenger with an aggressive grimace and then...walked away; I guess is really what it would've come down to. Exposing his back as he returned home. (Inevitably remaining vulnerable.) But recall what I said about us being made in God's image and WHO He really is in us. For men, it probably isn't difficult to relate to the masculinity of all this, but for women I imagine it's either a put off or simply just a little more difficult to insert yourself.
So as I pause the "scene" here, I'll appeal to us "ladies" for a minute...Imagine what you would do if someone (the Enemy) was trying to steal you away from your husband/loved one, etc. Are you just going to scream like an idiot "This is Sparta!" and not do ANYTHING while your husband/loved one, etc. are battling the accomplices (messengers) around you and themselves?? Go deeper, this is your heart you're (I am) fighting for!! "He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world!" Remember??? Or have you forgotten that as the image of God you are more than curvy lines and attractive ways? You ARE radiantly beautiful, but you are also fierce in your devotion to the One who ULTIMATELY fights for your heart, right?
To the men, how puffed out is your chest right now in consideration of your loved one(s)? "Never fear my dear, for I am here!" Right? Well, that's great mighty heart but your still just "screaming"... Recall that the desires of God are ALSO to endure a bloody battle and come out on top - which He will. And HE must be your inspiration and strength in understanding EXACTLY what it is your ultimately fighting for through to the end. (Your hearts as well as all you stand for.) He has to be your source of follow through come what may. That goes for us to girls.
At this rate I'm about at my second mile and at this point and a song called "Smackdown" comes on by Thousand Foot Krutch. (You may want to play it as you read). And God reveals Himself for who He is and IN me among all other many important things. (Things I know but are suddenly so tangible for my heart.) He is Warrior, He is Hero, He is "BAM BAM!" in your face, He is Capable in all ways and Unshaken in the face of fear. He is Protector and Soldier of my heart! He is Victor! (I am "running the race with endurance" at this point.) Because the "scene" has become real [for me]. And I have found my "kick" - and THAT is the best option after all. For God at that point, quite literally, smiles and says, "Get ready for the smackdown..." (recall the scene post kick) "The Lord is my Shepard..."? All poised and aware? Of course, as it is written and proven... but He is SO much more than JUST that and takes action like any good man (woman) should in the face of adversity. He is the force (The inspiration even!) behind the kick as I inflict the blow. It's aim unmistakable and properly directed. The repercussions of which do not faze Him! He doesn't just watch you boldly challenge the Enemy and say, "bless you my child". Get serious - He responds in confidence and says, "oh it's on now!" Remember who He is and mirror yourself after Him! A man in its most perfect an unfailing form...
Consider yourself, your heart, and God's role in this scene again. How far will you allow it to play out? Are you all noise and no threat? Where's your kick??! Recall that Jesus didn't just endure temptation (messenger), "scream" (Leonidas) and then turn his back (hypothetical play out). He turns his focus to his Father and that's when stuff got real. Jesus (and I myself) don't just see God as simply beautiful and perfect in will and ways. He isn't just facing Satan saying, "run along now little Devil and take that pitch fork with you." What do you think He's really going to do with that pitch fork? This is war! We're involved in a gruesome battle and there is no "playing nice" with the weapons. There is danger - dare I say it ladies and gentlemen you may actually have to work up a sweat. (And for those of you who may need reminding I'm not referring to physical exertion necessarily.) "Train insane or remain the same" however. In the mean time He who loves you is THERE! Is FOR you! Where's your kick? Do you have the guts to do it and the faith to remember what happens next is in the hands of God? Are you willing to admit your bravery is rooted in Christ, the one who has already over come death? While the evil one welcomes you to the masquerade are you willing to remain revealed to The One who valiantly fights for what's exposed? Is your prayer the same as mine? For help to "Fire It Up" (Thousand Foot Krutch) and "Bring Me to Life" (Thousand Foot Krutch). Where's your kick??
I also do want to mention that I DO realize that King Leonidas did die at the end of the movie. But that is no indication of anything for me/us really. Because it's a fact we'll all die at some point. What's most important is to remember that we are ultimately NOT defeated. Xerxes himself was rendered stunned in the least when the spear of Leonidas graced his face. How much more do you think God himself will do (along with us as an army) to the Enemy of this world and all our hearts? It won't be pretty...why else do you think the Enemy (Xerxes as it was) sends messengers before himself? He's scared as Hell - literally - in his attempt to get to us in any way. For he knows Who truly holds us captivated in freedom from oppression though he'll test our devotion and commitment to it in any and all ways. I am captivated by my Savior (of my heart) and am untouchable... As a testament to OUR blood line (see last couple minutes of 300), we are "fully alive" (Flyleaf) in Christ's love. The last words of King Leonidas were "for my love." Who is your love? If you claim the love of God in Christ Jesus, how much more do you apply it to your life and any "fight" you might encounter? Take heart!!
"Can I tell you a story?....Just look at what He's done, how He's laying down His life. Take this life...tonight I've become the most dazzling precious treasure." (Flyleaf)
In addition, I'll share a tiny bit more to my conversation with God as it also pertains to what I mentioned I heard from Him in my last blog entry. I believe it is no coincidence that the following words from days ago now marry so well to the overall message I have just shared:
Your Victor overcame the crime
Forward now in this journey embark
Your soul is saved from sin and shame
I told you I'd kick some ass.
Oh this tiny heart of mine
rejoice in your Love forever
He holds you treasured over all
winning to the "end" is His successful endeavor.
Ephesians 6:10-20
Though I can ultimately only speak for myself and can't claim anyone else's life circumstance, I do pray you (whoever you are) can identify with me in one way or another, perhaps on one point or more if not the message as a whole. Any inclusive reference isn't intended to project my heart onto anyone else's - we are all simply His children, so I ask for you to "take heart" with me. For this is written with the fiercest of love....
So as I'm experiencing God one day at a time, I'm understanding His heart more and more just as I come to know the strength of my own through His eyes. It's probably no surprise to most people when I talk about how the love of God is all sweet, gentle and redemptive for my soul...unconditional and loving, etc. This we all know and shouldn't take for granted for it is true day by day if we allow. But let's get real people. Who on earth do we think God IS? I mean literally He IS Jesus in terms of "on earth" when He came. But THINK about that. Jesus [God] is a man. Though women are made in His image just as well, I fear we (both women and men alike) underestimate the masculinity of God. Hello!! He doesn't just want to cradle our hearts and sing nice things to us as our Father, He wants to be its (our) unbreakable strength within and "all around me [us]"! (Flyleaf)
When it comes to God and matters of the heart, just what do you think it is that God wants to do? Romance it and make you feel good without leaving an impression of Rock solid strength and utter capability? As a woman, when I think of what's desired out of a man I think of strength, dependability, and reliability among many other similar things. If I (even as a woman) am made in His image as well, is it not accurate to say those traits are also within me through the love of Christ? Furthermore, because it's through the love of Christ and not just of my own doing, those traits don't need to come with a feeling of pressure. I only need learn to rely on their source, in short, is all. Now at this point you're probably thinking (or maybe not), "oh ok great thinking, Amy." Well, it is dang it - more than just logical. Because my understanding is not my own. Because it's what God is reminding me of during my own spiritual warfare. Yes, I said it. I am enduring a spiritual warfare. Which leads me to what's next....
Today I was on my usual run around the block. It's been great to just spend a few miles listening to God though lyric and music as well as in my thoughts. So in the process, He got me thinking about that movie 300 and a specific scene which He used to parallel my role in this "fight" for my heart. (After all, what else is a spiritual warfare really?) Ok so TRY to stick with me through all that follows.
Picture it with me: King Leonidas (played by Gerard Butler) and a messenger of Xerxes standing before him. Leonidas basically taking in threats and insults just laid out on behalf of the messenger's source, mentally weighing his options on how to respond. For those of you who know exactly which 3-4 minutes of the movie to which I am referring understand the build up to the ultimate blow which sends said messenger plummeting down a big hole and the fight breaks out and it's pretty much awesome. But do your best to play the scene all the way up to the point where King Leonidas exclaims "This is Sparta!" and then mentally consider how it would be MINUS the infamous "kick" to the messenger and all that follows. It actually made me laugh. (Here I am running down the sidewalk, essentially in conversation with God, giggling at this thought. It's truly laughable!) Because the whole "build up" immediately loses its character and its emphasis to the point it had to make. If it were to ACTUALLY play out that way (ya know, minus the kick) then Xerxes' messenger, and by extension Xerxes himself; would never take King Leonidas and ALL he stands for seriously. I imagine after Leonidas screams "This is Sparta!" the messenger would react with a blank stare, vacant expression and respond, "well you didn't have to yell", and return to his source. (Who, of course, would have brought his wrath upon Leonidas regardless...)
NOW, let's consider this again: YOU (King Leonidas), strong/capable are in "conversation" with the cunning messenger before you, who is none other than one sent by the Enemy (Xerxes) who ultimately seeks to destroy you (your heart) and all you stand for (God). You and said messenger have your little "heart to heart" and now the scene has built up to that moment where your best option to respond is apparent. So REALLY consider yourself here... Imagine what will happen if all you did to the messenger was "scream". What happens next? Well, if the movie's scene played out THAT way I figure King Leonidas would have threatened the messenger with an aggressive grimace and then...walked away; I guess is really what it would've come down to. Exposing his back as he returned home. (Inevitably remaining vulnerable.) But recall what I said about us being made in God's image and WHO He really is in us. For men, it probably isn't difficult to relate to the masculinity of all this, but for women I imagine it's either a put off or simply just a little more difficult to insert yourself.
So as I pause the "scene" here, I'll appeal to us "ladies" for a minute...Imagine what you would do if someone (the Enemy) was trying to steal you away from your husband/loved one, etc. Are you just going to scream like an idiot "This is Sparta!" and not do ANYTHING while your husband/loved one, etc. are battling the accomplices (messengers) around you and themselves?? Go deeper, this is your heart you're (I am) fighting for!! "He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world!" Remember??? Or have you forgotten that as the image of God you are more than curvy lines and attractive ways? You ARE radiantly beautiful, but you are also fierce in your devotion to the One who ULTIMATELY fights for your heart, right?
To the men, how puffed out is your chest right now in consideration of your loved one(s)? "Never fear my dear, for I am here!" Right? Well, that's great mighty heart but your still just "screaming"... Recall that the desires of God are ALSO to endure a bloody battle and come out on top - which He will. And HE must be your inspiration and strength in understanding EXACTLY what it is your ultimately fighting for through to the end. (Your hearts as well as all you stand for.) He has to be your source of follow through come what may. That goes for us to girls.
At this rate I'm about at my second mile and at this point and a song called "Smackdown" comes on by Thousand Foot Krutch. (You may want to play it as you read). And God reveals Himself for who He is and IN me among all other many important things. (Things I know but are suddenly so tangible for my heart.) He is Warrior, He is Hero, He is "BAM BAM!" in your face, He is Capable in all ways and Unshaken in the face of fear. He is Protector and Soldier of my heart! He is Victor! (I am "running the race with endurance" at this point.) Because the "scene" has become real [for me]. And I have found my "kick" - and THAT is the best option after all. For God at that point, quite literally, smiles and says, "Get ready for the smackdown..." (recall the scene post kick) "The Lord is my Shepard..."? All poised and aware? Of course, as it is written and proven... but He is SO much more than JUST that and takes action like any good man (woman) should in the face of adversity. He is the force (The inspiration even!) behind the kick as I inflict the blow. It's aim unmistakable and properly directed. The repercussions of which do not faze Him! He doesn't just watch you boldly challenge the Enemy and say, "bless you my child". Get serious - He responds in confidence and says, "oh it's on now!" Remember who He is and mirror yourself after Him! A man in its most perfect an unfailing form...
Consider yourself, your heart, and God's role in this scene again. How far will you allow it to play out? Are you all noise and no threat? Where's your kick??! Recall that Jesus didn't just endure temptation (messenger), "scream" (Leonidas) and then turn his back (hypothetical play out). He turns his focus to his Father and that's when stuff got real. Jesus (and I myself) don't just see God as simply beautiful and perfect in will and ways. He isn't just facing Satan saying, "run along now little Devil and take that pitch fork with you." What do you think He's really going to do with that pitch fork? This is war! We're involved in a gruesome battle and there is no "playing nice" with the weapons. There is danger - dare I say it ladies and gentlemen you may actually have to work up a sweat. (And for those of you who may need reminding I'm not referring to physical exertion necessarily.) "Train insane or remain the same" however. In the mean time He who loves you is THERE! Is FOR you! Where's your kick? Do you have the guts to do it and the faith to remember what happens next is in the hands of God? Are you willing to admit your bravery is rooted in Christ, the one who has already over come death? While the evil one welcomes you to the masquerade are you willing to remain revealed to The One who valiantly fights for what's exposed? Is your prayer the same as mine? For help to "Fire It Up" (Thousand Foot Krutch) and "Bring Me to Life" (Thousand Foot Krutch). Where's your kick??
I also do want to mention that I DO realize that King Leonidas did die at the end of the movie. But that is no indication of anything for me/us really. Because it's a fact we'll all die at some point. What's most important is to remember that we are ultimately NOT defeated. Xerxes himself was rendered stunned in the least when the spear of Leonidas graced his face. How much more do you think God himself will do (along with us as an army) to the Enemy of this world and all our hearts? It won't be pretty...why else do you think the Enemy (Xerxes as it was) sends messengers before himself? He's scared as Hell - literally - in his attempt to get to us in any way. For he knows Who truly holds us captivated in freedom from oppression though he'll test our devotion and commitment to it in any and all ways. I am captivated by my Savior (of my heart) and am untouchable... As a testament to OUR blood line (see last couple minutes of 300), we are "fully alive" (Flyleaf) in Christ's love. The last words of King Leonidas were "for my love." Who is your love? If you claim the love of God in Christ Jesus, how much more do you apply it to your life and any "fight" you might encounter? Take heart!!
"Can I tell you a story?....Just look at what He's done, how He's laying down His life. Take this life...tonight I've become the most dazzling precious treasure." (Flyleaf)
In addition, I'll share a tiny bit more to my conversation with God as it also pertains to what I mentioned I heard from Him in my last blog entry. I believe it is no coincidence that the following words from days ago now marry so well to the overall message I have just shared:
Oh this tiny heart of mine
finally freed from the darkYour Victor overcame the crime
Forward now in this journey embark
Glory in the highest
together again at last!Your soul is saved from sin and shame
I told you I'd kick some ass.
rejoice in your Love forever
He holds you treasured over all
winning to the "end" is His successful endeavor.
Ephesians 6:10-20
Comments
Post a Comment