Lessons Learned and Discoveries Made in 2015

2015. Wow. You didn't hold back. At all. Like seriously you impress me. At this point I've stopped complaining because now I'm at the finish line preparing for the next year's marathon of events. But you have taught me (and retaught) some valuable lessons which I hope to always have more toward the forefront of my mind rather than the rear. 

Lessons:

1. Complaining is really easy to do and not realize it. It's a reoccurring problem I have which I continue to chisel away each year. But really complaining does nothing.
2.  Don't judge people who "air their dirty laundry" on social media while you use a different laundromat...
3. Offer forgiveness regardless of how it is received. If you are at peace about the fact that you forgive sincerely and wholeheartedly then there is nothing else you can do for those who presume to think otherwise. 
4. People will test your ability to speak lovingly and kindly because they don't and can't appreciate your approach. Don't give into it. You'll regret it. ALWAYS speak in love even if it seems to accomplish nothing.
5. It's worth the extra effort to practice compassion. You don't have to understand anything to be compassionate/sensitive/merciful, etc. You just have to be disciplined to follow through. (It's a practice.)


Discoveries: 

1. I am capable of all natural childbirth is possible and it is the most incredible thing I've ever experienced.
2. Babies are smart. If you glance at the baby monitor, they know in their sleep (if they sleep) and will promptly wake up. Limit the baby monitor checks. 
3. I like chocolate way more than I thought.
4. England is the most inconvenient place I've ever lived. (Not trying to complain. It really is inconvenient.)
5. England is a very beautiful place. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Need a Vacation from Our Vacation!

My hover craft is full of eels!

Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not?