New Horizons



I'm feeling semi-motivated to write a New Year blog. By that I just mean I like the idea of writing about it but don't particularly feel like explaining all my thoughts and the things I've learned, etc. You'll read enough from everyone else who describes such things. Don't get me wrong, I am quite thankful for all I have learned and for the ways The Lord was with me in 2013. I am also quite looking forward to taking Him with me into 2014 and leaving 2013 far behind. It wasn't my best year...

Regardless, however; here I am-on the brink of entering the 14th year of this Millennium. (I thought if I worded it that way it would help put in perspective just how far we've come!) How far I have come. And it's funny because sometimes I get impatient just waiting to leave work or eat dinner or get from point A to point B. Then bam! It's 15 hours from 2014 and here I sit blogging when I should be working; reflecting on the past. 

Thankfully, one can simply reflect on the past and not allow the past to be a reflection of one's self. It's a challenge, of course. But not impossible. Which is another reason why I don't feel like mulling over all these profound lessons I've learned for myself - I think forward motion is more important in my life. Something I quite like praying about is for God to meet me wherever it is I am going. Personally, I believe He welcomes the invite! There's great comfort that comes with the accompanying fact that The Lord IS. It clarifies again and again that He doesn't operate on my clock and He already knows what I don't-whether it's 5 minutes into the future or 50 years (Lord willing). And every time I look for Him in what I'm doing or where I'm going I never fail to find Him. He never fails to find me.

Will you pray with me into the New Year?
Awesome God - I just want to thank You first and foremost for the gift of life through Your son. I know I say it a lot when we talk, but I'm not sure how to live life vibrantly without Him. Without Your grace I often fear we'd all merely exist; forever looking to "fill the void" which only You can fit. So I pray You hear our grateful hearts as we take each day one at a time into whatever future You've set before us. Please lead us there and meet us there. Help us to understand what Your definition of obedience is and give us the strength and the courage to live by it. Show us what love is so that we can offer it to this world in need of it. Remind us of what it means to choose Christ DAILY, as our faith is only as strong as the effort we make to follow You. We thank You for Your promises and the fierce love You have for us. I think it's incredible how capable You see us as-and I'm reminded that it's only through our trust in Your capabilities that you can use us for Your glory in this life we live. We want to make You proud-so we pray for guidance and clarity on what You'd have us do each and every day. If it's to encourage, help us to encourage; if it's to laugh, motivate us to be positive and dwell on the good; if it's to love; remind us to do it unconditionally to the people we encounter or spend time with. Give us soft, quiet hearts to hear Your voice in the times we're being too stubborn-and help us admit that we are. Create in us a spirit of forgiveness that comes quickly because You first loved us and forgave us when none of us deserved it either.
Thank You for working off of Your own timeline God. There is no such thing as time for You-just perfect timing. Give us patience not to fight it. But rather, help us to anticipate what You've planned before us. I like Your ideas and knowledge of what's best better than my own anyway...
I also want to just thank You for all the wonderful opportunities You offer. Whether it's an opportunity for adventure or friendship or growth or simply just to look on the brighter side, I'm grateful You're found in every area when I seek You out. And as Your children seek You I pray for protection and safety over our hearts and minds. Give us the ability to keep Your truths at the front lines and let our armor not falter. Help us in our personal lives with this and also in our country. We do lift up the leaders of this country God. Even the ones we don't believe should be leading it. When they frustrate us we pray You remind us that You are ultimately in charge and are trustworthy-we need only to be still sometimes (and so do they). 
Daddy, let this new year we approach be one we set aside for Your use and Your change. For those who are willing to walk by faith and allow You to be the Potter, bless them and keep them close. I look forward to You. I look forward to what You might show me and teach me as I make the effort to continually set aside pride and selfish thought. I'm elated at the way You've transformed my way of thinking and my way of living. I know You've had some rough edges to work on but I thank You for Your peace in the process of molding...There's always more I/we could thank You for and I ask that You search our hearts and invite us into continual conversations with You. We want to share this life with You each and every moment. 

Thank You for our family and the people who love us and whom we also love. Thank You for my hubby! Thank You for lovingly teaching us of what Your expectations are and for helping us to keep our marriage Christ centered. I pray for the relationships/marriages/friendships of many others and lift those up to You. Realign us with You and guide us back to Your will. Thank You that we never have to be concerned or afraid to bring even the smallest, seemingly insignificant thought to You. We praise You for just being You; and we're grateful You create in us glad hearts - which we gladly give back to You for service. 
In Jesus name, Amen.

Happy New Year 2014 everyone! Please be safe and happy :)

You know me...gotta kick of the new year with some original Flyleaf! >>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Need a Vacation from Our Vacation!

My hover craft is full of eels!

Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not?