Ode to Scensty
Alright so this won't be an "ode" by definition. I'm feeling quite under the weather today. I simply can't take it anymore. Even on a sick day where congestion is battling for my attention, I can still smell EVERYTHING! Jeff calls it my superpower. I call it my supercurse.
I have evaded the morning sickness battle and have yet to bow down to the porcelain throne. I have reigned my flag of victory over emotional moodiness on most days. I have gladly given way to my cravings for salads over sweets. And I triumphantly walked the streets of DC averaging upwards of 5 miles a day with the amazing baby maker at my side ready to make frequent bathroom pit stops as necessary per my request. But things have started to stink and it's only getting worse...
At work the other day, in the hallway to the restrooms, it smelled strongly of urine. Urine! Which only leads me to question if my supercurse is just revealing what has always been the case - that being smelly school hallways. Gag! And don't even get me started on the scents and aromas polluting the air in Washington DC where we vacationed for the 2015 new year. It was a wonderful, exciting, and fun trip to always remember...alas, with an added whiff of greasy food, old leather, pigeon poop, and stranger's body odors masked by cheap perfume. Ahh yes, the harsh realty of being pregnant has become apparent in every fragrance that precedes me.
Since we have been home, I am tempted to take matters into my own hands. Ergo, the increased use of my Scentsy wax warmer in the house. In addition, I have seriously considered investing heavily in Yankee candles. Should my friends enter our house and wonder if we're preparing cinnamon appetizers for a seance, I will consider my job well done. Especially because if Jeff crop dusts the room one more time we are going to start having serious problems. Though, admittedly I can't say much on that subject. I've noticed I've been spending more time alone since we've been home. I've been clearing myself (and Jeff...probably Honey too) out of whatever room I may be occupying at the time.
The larger issue is in public areas. People smell...bad. Which is why any workout from this point until August will be done in the fresh and so clean clean-ness of my own home. So far my only thoughts on over coming the bouquet of souring bodily functions is the old fashioned clothes pin over my nose idea. It's either that or attach those little yellow scented Christmas trees to my ears.
What's a prego to do people? You all are killing me!
[Amy exits blog screen to browse for new Scentsy warmers.]
I have evaded the morning sickness battle and have yet to bow down to the porcelain throne. I have reigned my flag of victory over emotional moodiness on most days. I have gladly given way to my cravings for salads over sweets. And I triumphantly walked the streets of DC averaging upwards of 5 miles a day with the amazing baby maker at my side ready to make frequent bathroom pit stops as necessary per my request. But things have started to stink and it's only getting worse...
At work the other day, in the hallway to the restrooms, it smelled strongly of urine. Urine! Which only leads me to question if my supercurse is just revealing what has always been the case - that being smelly school hallways. Gag! And don't even get me started on the scents and aromas polluting the air in Washington DC where we vacationed for the 2015 new year. It was a wonderful, exciting, and fun trip to always remember...alas, with an added whiff of greasy food, old leather, pigeon poop, and stranger's body odors masked by cheap perfume. Ahh yes, the harsh realty of being pregnant has become apparent in every fragrance that precedes me.
Since we have been home, I am tempted to take matters into my own hands. Ergo, the increased use of my Scentsy wax warmer in the house. In addition, I have seriously considered investing heavily in Yankee candles. Should my friends enter our house and wonder if we're preparing cinnamon appetizers for a seance, I will consider my job well done. Especially because if Jeff crop dusts the room one more time we are going to start having serious problems. Though, admittedly I can't say much on that subject. I've noticed I've been spending more time alone since we've been home. I've been clearing myself (and Jeff...probably Honey too) out of whatever room I may be occupying at the time.
The larger issue is in public areas. People smell...bad. Which is why any workout from this point until August will be done in the fresh and so clean clean-ness of my own home. So far my only thoughts on over coming the bouquet of souring bodily functions is the old fashioned clothes pin over my nose idea. It's either that or attach those little yellow scented Christmas trees to my ears.
What's a prego to do people? You all are killing me!
[Amy exits blog screen to browse for new Scentsy warmers.]
Comments
Post a Comment