Wall Flies
So I was thinking today: Sometimes I feel like "that girl". You know-the one who experiences odd ball moments...in public...often...
Take for example my recent trips to the store to grab a snack before work. (Random thought: Publix I miss you!) I walk in, get what I want, pay...and on my way out the door-the ones that supposedly swing open automatically-I walk directly into them. Mind you, I'm not even preoccupied on my phone! I happen to be "that girl" who does not text and multitask 99% of the time. I am merely folding my receipt as I greet the tall, shiny and apparent doors before me. Furthermore, rather than taking the logical route - that would be to use the OTHER set of working doors - I proceed to pry my way out of the store with brute force, as if the doors were purposefully not going to let me pass, just...well, just because. That's what I did. Meanwhile, the people behind me were probably wondering if they should help me or just wait until I finished my aggressive interaction with the door.
Second example, same place: I mistakenly think the automatic doors work TOGETHER-as in swing open at the same time-when they DO work. But they don't. Naturally, I gravitated toward the none working side of course. (Checked that door as I walked out, too...)
Third and final example: SAME store, just the one in a different location. I am mid-walk through the door's open frame as I exit the store. These were just single automatic doors so there was no mistaking that the door was functioning and clearly open. And the door, no joking here, LITERALLY closed on me. As in, my arm and the bag attached to it were in the process of trying to keep up with the rest of my body which was already free from the building just as the unyielding door mercilessly closed all the way. You can bet I was a fighter that time, too.
I will admit I laughed a little the first time. But seriously? This many "odd ball moments" (or whatever one would call all of the above) in one month?! What is happening?? But hey, I made it out alive. For that, I am thankful!
;)
Take for example my recent trips to the store to grab a snack before work. (Random thought: Publix I miss you!) I walk in, get what I want, pay...and on my way out the door-the ones that supposedly swing open automatically-I walk directly into them. Mind you, I'm not even preoccupied on my phone! I happen to be "that girl" who does not text and multitask 99% of the time. I am merely folding my receipt as I greet the tall, shiny and apparent doors before me. Furthermore, rather than taking the logical route - that would be to use the OTHER set of working doors - I proceed to pry my way out of the store with brute force, as if the doors were purposefully not going to let me pass, just...well, just because. That's what I did. Meanwhile, the people behind me were probably wondering if they should help me or just wait until I finished my aggressive interaction with the door.
Second example, same place: I mistakenly think the automatic doors work TOGETHER-as in swing open at the same time-when they DO work. But they don't. Naturally, I gravitated toward the none working side of course. (Checked that door as I walked out, too...)
Third and final example: SAME store, just the one in a different location. I am mid-walk through the door's open frame as I exit the store. These were just single automatic doors so there was no mistaking that the door was functioning and clearly open. And the door, no joking here, LITERALLY closed on me. As in, my arm and the bag attached to it were in the process of trying to keep up with the rest of my body which was already free from the building just as the unyielding door mercilessly closed all the way. You can bet I was a fighter that time, too.
I will admit I laughed a little the first time. But seriously? This many "odd ball moments" (or whatever one would call all of the above) in one month?! What is happening?? But hey, I made it out alive. For that, I am thankful!
;)
Comments
Post a Comment