No Greater Love
Tomorrow is Valentine's day. I
don't really categorize myself as the Valentine's day celebrator.
Personally, I'm more looking forward to the fact that tomorrow is
Friday! Not that I don't like Valentine's day. It's just that I eat
chocolate (often) year round and do fun stuff with Jeff/date whenever we
want. He even buys me flowers occasionally! So, Valentine's day is more
or less just another day - only everything in the world has been
temporarily colored some bright shade of pink or red.
Honestly though, the only reason I'm a little bummed is because I actually thought of a brilliant V-day gift for Jeff! Mind you, this rarely happens because he so difficult to find that "just the right something" for. Yet, I did find something he and I could do together that he'd really enjoy that isn't the typical dinner and movie date. There's this indoor shooting range here called Smoking Guns and I wanted to go shoot with him! Alas, work calls apparently. Last year he was deployed during Valentine's day and this week he's on a 6pm-6am shift anyway so...thanks Air Force. lol Good thing we can go anytime. And while we're waiting, I should probably do one of their orientation programs because Lord knows how little I am acquainted with guns. I don't own one - though I don't fear them - it's just not really a hobby of ours and we've never had a need for guns... Nevertheless, it's sort of a small interest of Jeff's (I think) so I figured why not?
Anyway, considering all the above, I accepted a date with the worship group tomorrow since they invited me to sing again at Celebrate Recovery! It's truly just an awesome experience to be a part of. Though I don't participate outside of the music part of the night, I have stayed to listen to the speaker/testimonies before the group splits into their small group times. I just can't help but feel it to be such a privilege to get involved there. And after all, aren't we all "recovering" in some way, shape or form ... just looking for the Father's love? Just don't forget: He's already got you covered. ;)
We discussed something along similar lines during our LifeGroup meeting on Tuesday. Or at least in my head my thoughts were/are currently paralleling with a point brought up that night. Perhaps women will identify most with what was said since we were the last of God's creations. God made everything. Everything! Including man. Then determined it wasn't complete without US. The important point is that we are not after-thoughts. We aren't like the sprinkles on top of ice cream that could be done without. We are the crowning glory of creation! (And cute as sprinkles if I may say so.) He made us and called what had been "good" then "very good"! But if I can generalize all of humanity for the sake of making my point, I believe the fact still stands that no one on this God given earth is an after-thought. If there was ever an important Valentine's Day, it was the day He made us and gave of His creation.
So happy Valentine's Day everyone! My prayer is you'll have an excellent day knowing The One who loves you most has never stopped loving!
Honestly though, the only reason I'm a little bummed is because I actually thought of a brilliant V-day gift for Jeff! Mind you, this rarely happens because he so difficult to find that "just the right something" for. Yet, I did find something he and I could do together that he'd really enjoy that isn't the typical dinner and movie date. There's this indoor shooting range here called Smoking Guns and I wanted to go shoot with him! Alas, work calls apparently. Last year he was deployed during Valentine's day and this week he's on a 6pm-6am shift anyway so...thanks Air Force. lol Good thing we can go anytime. And while we're waiting, I should probably do one of their orientation programs because Lord knows how little I am acquainted with guns. I don't own one - though I don't fear them - it's just not really a hobby of ours and we've never had a need for guns... Nevertheless, it's sort of a small interest of Jeff's (I think) so I figured why not?
Anyway, considering all the above, I accepted a date with the worship group tomorrow since they invited me to sing again at Celebrate Recovery! It's truly just an awesome experience to be a part of. Though I don't participate outside of the music part of the night, I have stayed to listen to the speaker/testimonies before the group splits into their small group times. I just can't help but feel it to be such a privilege to get involved there. And after all, aren't we all "recovering" in some way, shape or form ... just looking for the Father's love? Just don't forget: He's already got you covered. ;)
We discussed something along similar lines during our LifeGroup meeting on Tuesday. Or at least in my head my thoughts were/are currently paralleling with a point brought up that night. Perhaps women will identify most with what was said since we were the last of God's creations. God made everything. Everything! Including man. Then determined it wasn't complete without US. The important point is that we are not after-thoughts. We aren't like the sprinkles on top of ice cream that could be done without. We are the crowning glory of creation! (And cute as sprinkles if I may say so.) He made us and called what had been "good" then "very good"! But if I can generalize all of humanity for the sake of making my point, I believe the fact still stands that no one on this God given earth is an after-thought. If there was ever an important Valentine's Day, it was the day He made us and gave of His creation.
So happy Valentine's Day everyone! My prayer is you'll have an excellent day knowing The One who loves you most has never stopped loving!
Awesome thoughts..I love u child.
ReplyDeleteThanks mom :) I love you too!
ReplyDelete