Deep Cries Out
Criticized by this howling wind
my posture bends to tend
to that urging deep down where
peace is found
And tell me again of that lyric you sang
about rocks and trees singing your praise
The ringing in my ears forbids me
to hear that note you made just for me to bare
But I'm still one with the ground
I can almost make profound
that tune from the neighboring leaf
in my moment of near defeat
My hands are calloused from this dirt and miry earth
but still lifted all the same in search of You
You came with mud on your feet
Will you tell me again of those things you preached?
Did we meet by chance
in that moment I danced
outside the shade of my shame
when I heard you call my name?
Remind me once more
of the rhythm reborn
deep inside this heart that beats
in one accord with what you teach
Oceans roar and birds rhyme
with all that You justify
May I harmonize to Your
melody pure?
Where once the well ran dry
You're stirring up deep waters......
You're stirring up deep waters......
Turns out it's a William Matthews kind of day. He helped me finish my poem I've been blocked on for a few days. :)
Comments
Post a Comment