Too School for Cool
I started college this week, again. After graduating over 2 years ago I have decided to return. Muhahaha! Actually, school may be the one who has the last laugh. My first and only class of the semester is Anatomy and Physiology with lab...
In effort to make a career for myself, I've decided to go for radiology. Before I apply for the program at the local hospital; however, I need to complete a few prerequisites that weren't otherwise covered under my business degree. And that's okay. Over the next year I'll have time to really focus on my studies and hopefully get enough volunteering hours under my belt so that I may become a more desirable candidate for the program. Yes, I am in competition so-to-speak. :/
And so it starts with A & P I w/ lab. The first day of class was basically all terminology. I find it all very interesting and look forward to that stuff. But yesterday was the other side of things-chemistry. However general that overview was considered to be, I still disliked it. I really have more of a love/hate relationship with chemistry. I understand it's importance and find it fascinating how all that mess organizes itself inside our complex human forms (why am I talking like an alien?), but I hate deciphering all that mess on paper! It gets too crazy, for me, sometimes. Overall, I've enjoyed my first week of class.
I'm trying to make the best out of my free time, too. When I would normally be working or studying other class texts/assignments, I've been able to focus 100% on A & P. I'm really hoping I can just pull off a solid "A" because of that. We shall see...I keep telling myself I CAN do this. (As in ALL of this-the pre reqs, the radiology school application, and ultimately becoming a radiology tech!)
Oh, and speaking of free time, I may actually have a job on the line. Back when we first arrived in South Dakota, I applied at Pier 1. I really didn't think much of it afterward. And now, 3 months later, I get a random phone call one evening from the manager asking if i was still interested. (Sure, why not?) I explained my availability has changed because of my class schedule and she said that was fine. My interview the next day went well. After all, I worked retail for over 6 years so none of her questions or requirements surprised me. And now I wait. She said she would get back with me within a couple days. But I'm starting to think this is going to be just like the Vet office job interview: It goes really well, they lead me on saying I'm just what they need, and then they end up not needing me...Anyway, I'm calling tomorrow morning to follow up. In my mind she either wants me or not, it's that simple. No need to string me along all weekend. And even though I'm not thrilled with the idea of working retail again, I wouldn't mind making some extra money every week.
That's all for now :)
Comments
Post a Comment