Keeping in Check
Today I woke up feeling weird. Ever have those days? You can't pin point what it is, you just know you don't feel quite like yourself.
I imagine it's just all the little things adding up again. For one, Jeff and I are looking in to trading in the car for a truck. I hope the one we're going after works out. It's a very practical and affordable choice if the salesman will continue to be cool about everything. He seems to be the only one who has given us the opportunity to talk about seriously buying. Given that any vehicle we've found worth pursuing is in another state, the salespeople dislike that they can't see our trade-in and pretty much shut the door. Anyway, whatever will be will be. At the least, we have to drive to another state for the nearest Volvo dealership to get said trade-in fixed. A relatively minor repair (covered under warranty thankfully) but it has to be completed at the dealership. As I'm looking on the bright side I realize it's still worth a trip to MN to maybe just enjoy the weekend and come home with a reliable vehicle- even if it's the same sedan we drove there.
And up next after that eventful weekend will be my first day of school. Again, lol. Anatomy and Physiology with lab on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays. I have to keep reminding myself that I can do this. "This" being my ultimate goal of being a Radiology Tech. I wish it could happen over night. Just sayin'....(inhale, exhale) I CAN do this. I hope I like being a Radiology Tech...
On Sunday, the message was on worrying. I'd love to be able to honestly say I am not prone to worrying. Face it, you'd be lying too if you said you weren't either. The reality is we all do it in some way or at some point in our lives. The thing that hit me during the sermon was when the Pastor said, "there is a difference between being in CHARGE and in CONTROL". When we pray about God's timing...don't worry. He'll show up right on time-not our time. I have known this fact for so long. Sunday was the day it was renewed and reformed in my mind. So, when it comes to buying a new vehicle or starting a new education path, I don't feel as anxious as I normally would. Not worrying takes effort on my part to trust that The Lord is going to see these things through. And whatever else I am in charge of, He is ultimately in control.
I hope my husband has found some peace in that message. I know he has a lot on his mind as well. But he handles everything ten times better than I do. I never really considered how worried he might have been about my reaction to the Air Force. Probably just as nervous as I was about asking him if he was cool with me deciding to pursue school here. Even though those two are on completely different levels. I imagine it's hard for either of us to ask the other to give up something for the other-fearing one may become resentful, annoyed, unhappy, etc. And in reality, we're neither one of us giving up anything. We get to reach for our goals together. Continue to do things as one...to give up anything would be to give up that.
Comments
Post a Comment