Keeping Busy

I continue to notice that a lot of "IFs" come up. Jeff and I will have conversations about his job that consist of "If this happens, then that could happen", or "If I do this, we could move here", and "depending on this, this or that could happen". Get the picture? ;) I'm constantly reminding myself not to be a "what if?" thinker. That can be dangerous and I'm not a fan of the anxiety that comes with it. 

However, some of the "what ifs?" are an inevitable reality of the future. The reality for us is: we are stationed at a "highly deployable" (bomber) base. This base takes turns with Dyess AFB in Texas at deploying in 6 1/2 month intervals. Jeff has to complete his CDCs before he can deploy-which means he may or may not deploy as early as January 2013. Yeah, inevitable realities do kind of suck don't they? Yet, they are unsurprising...

So, "if" he were to get deployed within the next year, I have my set up for how to keep busy. It's simple: I'm going back to school! And we're quite content with that choice. In fact, it's been Jeff (more so than myself) offering it as a suggestion that I return to school. And I wholeheartedly believe that since I've decided to pursue school that everything is falling into place as The Lord wants it. I no longer feel like I'm pulling at strings. Knowing that Jeff supports me 100% for the long road ahead is more than helpful. It's going to take time to achieve my goal. And that is to be a Radiology Technologist. I believe God as planned this out to fit our lifestyle as well. You see, the radiology program only accepts applications from Nov-Jan. There are a handful of per-requisites I need to fulfill, that were not under my business degree, before applying. Of course, not all of those classes are offered in the same semester. I'll take each class as it's offered-basically one class per semester-and in my spare time I'll need to volunteer to get some experience in the medical field. According to the woman I spoke with concerning the application process for the Radiology program, a lot of the competition comes from volunteering experience in a medical setting. So, one class per semester + volunteering over the next year and a half should set me up on a decent track (I think) for being a viable candidate to enter the Radiology program in November of 2013. All of this will keep me busy in a productive, fulfilling way.

I'm serious when I give all the glory to God for this set up. I couldn't have planned it better without rushing myself. And Jeff comforted me by ensuring there really is no need for rushing. We're stationed her for two years MINIMUM. Everyone here confirms we'll be here longer than just two years, lol. And as an added, and quite unexpected surprise, my neighbor referred me to her old boss when she (my neighbor) had her old job come up as an offer. On base! My neighbor can't take it because she's moving but told her boss that I might be interested. I explained when I called about it that school has already been established as priority one. Boss lady said it didn't sound like my schooling schedule would be a problem and that she is still waiting on confirmation to start any interviewing. So, I have no idea if I'll get the job-or if boss lady is even allowed to do hiring yet (they're still waiting on some job funding to be approved). But "if" I did, I'd have ample time to study, volunteer and be able to make a decent paycheck! I'm pretty sure that is what's considered a God thing. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Need a Vacation from Our Vacation!

My hover craft is full of eels!

Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not?