Happy 4th of September
Some of you may be wondering about the title here. No, it's not a mistake. Today is, or would have been, my grandmother's 74th birthday if she were with us today. However, I am completely inspired to write about her "1st" birthday. The inspiration comes from a comment a friend posted on my mom's Facebook page in regards to today and all it implies. She said, "Her first birthday with Jesus, how awesome."
It really got me thinking about the magnitude of awesomeness that truth is. I mean, I don't know about you people, but I sincerely can't remember a single thing about my first birthday. But to think in terms of how Grammie is celebrating now forever AND will always recall and be living in a state of celebration is seriously awesome. I'd argue whatever kind of party going on in eternity is far better than any one we could throw on this earth. On this day we remember, we celebrate, we perhaps hold our thoughts a little higher in regard simply because of who today is linked to. With all this, I'm lead to consider how days and time are a man made concept. But in eternity, awesomeness happens non-stop. There is no rest in the celebration of God's glory and living with Him. There is no need to make each "day" feel a little more important than another because awesomeness in eternity is on-going; not day by day. So as I do my best to live a lifestyle of on-going worship, I am inspired to recognize the invitation to celebrate with my Savior - Grammie's Savior - "today". After all, it is HIS day! And today is awesome...
Therefore, Happy September 4th everybody!
P.S. I do believe Grammie liked red velvet cake....in case you needed to know the dessert of choice.
It really got me thinking about the magnitude of awesomeness that truth is. I mean, I don't know about you people, but I sincerely can't remember a single thing about my first birthday. But to think in terms of how Grammie is celebrating now forever AND will always recall and be living in a state of celebration is seriously awesome. I'd argue whatever kind of party going on in eternity is far better than any one we could throw on this earth. On this day we remember, we celebrate, we perhaps hold our thoughts a little higher in regard simply because of who today is linked to. With all this, I'm lead to consider how days and time are a man made concept. But in eternity, awesomeness happens non-stop. There is no rest in the celebration of God's glory and living with Him. There is no need to make each "day" feel a little more important than another because awesomeness in eternity is on-going; not day by day. So as I do my best to live a lifestyle of on-going worship, I am inspired to recognize the invitation to celebrate with my Savior - Grammie's Savior - "today". After all, it is HIS day! And today is awesome...
Therefore, Happy September 4th everybody!
P.S. I do believe Grammie liked red velvet cake....in case you needed to know the dessert of choice.
Comments
Post a Comment